Betty Cooper Hearnes, first lady of Missouri from 1965 to 1973, was more than just a governor’s wife.
- Mikee Torres Cause Of Death & Obituary What Happened To Mike Torres? How Did Mike Torres Die?
- Wilhelmina Klein Obituary, Family Mourns The Death Of Beloved Mother Wilhelmina Klein
- Asher Jameson: Tragic Loss Of A Young Life In Guildford – A Tribute – BRB NEWS
- hugh milmoe baltimore maryland and hugh milmoe obituary maryland
- J.J. Jonathan Spradley Obituary, J.J. Jonathan Spradley Has Sadly Passed Away – Death – The world obits
A force in her own right, she championed education and the arts, leaving a legacy beyond the Governor’s Mansion.
Then, as a state representative, her fierce advocacy for the people of Missouri solidified her position as a political power, earning her respect across the aisle.
Although her passing in December 2023 saddened the state, Betty’s unwavering spirit of service and dedication to her community continues to inspire.
Her story reminds us that even in the shadows of power, a person can shine their own light, leaving a lasting impact on the lives they touch.
Betty Cooper Hearnes Cause of death
On December 14, 2023, Betty Cooper Hearnes, a Democratic politician and former First Lady of Missouri, passed away at her residence in Charleston, Missouri. Her age is ninety-six.
Her family confirmed that she passed away quietly surrounded by loved ones, although the cause of death was not announced.
During her husband Governor Warren Hearnes’s time in office, Hearnes served as the state’s First Lady from 1965 to 1973, earning her acclaim as a prominent figure in Missouri politics.
Additionally, in 1979, she was elected to the Missouri House of Representatives, a position she held for five terms until 1989.
Chồng Betty Cooper Hearnes
Betty Cooper Hearnes’s husband was Warren E. Hearnes. They married on July 2, 1948 and remained partners throughout his career, which included:
- Two terms as Governor of Missouri (1965-1973)
- Served in the United States Army, including graduating from West Point
- Faced federal investigations during the Nixon White House
Betty Cooper Hearnes Trẻ em
Betty Cooper Hearnes and her husband, Warren E. Hearnes, have three daughters, Lynn Hearnes, Leigh Hammond and Julie Sindelar.
Betty Cooper Hearnes Net Worth
Betty Cooper Hearnes had an estimated net worth of $5 million at the time of her death at the age of 68.