The journalism community is in shock following the sudden and tragic death of Brad Freitas, a two-time Emmy Award winner and aviation reporter and photojournalist for NBC 4 Washington. Renowned for his talent and dedication, Freitas’ untimely death from an apparent suicide left colleagues and viewers reeling.
- Grier Edward Brown – View Obituary & Service Information
- Motorcycle Accident, Columbus, Ohio Resident Tragic Motorcycle SUV Collision Claims A Life On The West Side Of Columbus – Times Memorial
- Stephen Bull Obituary, Orange Texas, Beloved Resident, Has Tragically Passed Away – Death – The world obits
- Obituaries in Hanover, PA | Evening Sun
- Joseph Conrad Crooks, III – View Obituary & Service Information
A highly skilled and respected photojournalist
Freitas is famous for his work as an aviation reporter and photojournalist. He is often referred to as “Chopper Brad” due to his role in providing aerial coverage for the station from Chopper. His unique perspective and ability to capture compelling aerial photographs has earned him respect and recognition in the industry.
A personal loss
In addition to his professional achievements, Freitas was known for his warmth and generosity. In 2019, he attracted attention when he surprised his girlfriend with a romantic proposal on a flight in Chopper4. This personal anecdote underscores the profound sense of loss felt by those who knew him.
Addresses suicide awareness
Freitas’ death highlights the importance of mental health awareness and suicide prevention. It’s a stark reminder that anyone can be affected, regardless of their external success or happiness. It’s important to reach out and seek help if you’re struggling or to support those around you who may be dealing with mental health issues.