Although the weather across the island has shown signs of improvement and the tropical storm watch has been lifted, lasting effects of flooding can still be seen in some parts of Jamaica.
- Tata Harrier and Safari Facelifts to Be Launched in India Full Specification Features Images
- WATCH: The video surrounding the deadly challenge goes viral The Talks Today
- Samuel Holloway Car Accident: How It All Happened
- Blueface Sparks Outrage with Graphic Photo of Infant Son’s Exposed Private Parts: Backlash Intensifies Over Inappropriate Twitter Post
- Brampton Mourns Sudden Death of Davneet Sarai: Heartbreaking Loss Highlights Urgency of Road Safety in Viral Video
Multiple roadways have been closed and videos showing damages and flooded communities have been circulating online as civilians spread awareness. One such video of Barbican, a neighbourhood in Kingston, Jamaica, displays parked cars stuck and unable to move as water levels rose so high, the cars were almost completely covered and a few people struggled to navigate the flooded streets.
News also travelled of the JDF AW (Jamaica Defence Force Air Wing) doing some good deed as they rescued twenty-four individuals who were trapped at the intersection of Amity Hall and Golden Grove intersection yesterday by high-level flood waters. The two dozen persons were rescued via airlift by the AW and transported to the Wheelersfield Community Centre.
The rescue effort was led by Lt O Gordon and Maj L Moulton.
As the day progresses into Saturday, November 18, Weather Jamaica shares updates of early morning satellite images that show the potential tropical cyclone number 22 veering toward east Jamaica. However, although this spells for improvement in weather conditions, isolated showers may still be possible.
RELATED: Usain and Kasi Give Hilarious Weather Report, “Look at that Tree!”
RELATED: Tropical Storm Watch Lifted; Flash Flood Warning Remains in Effect for Jamaica
RELATED: Weather Report Warns of Potential Extreme Flooding in Jamaica Due to Inclement Weather in the Caribbean